LL Cool J Quotes

LL-Cool-J-Quotes
LL Cool J
  
"Dreams don't have deadlines. 
I'm thinking of doing bigger and better things and having more fun with it."

James Todd Smith came into this world on January 14th, 1968, in Queens, New York. After hearing revolutionary music from Afrika Bambaataa and Sugar Hill Gang, little James grew to love the rap scene. His grandfather bought him his first DJ set when he was nine years old.

By 13, he was already out on the streets selling his demos. The first one to notice this budding talent was Rick Rubin of the then-new Def Jam Records. At 16 years old, Smith, now known as L.L. Cool J (short for Ladies Love Cool James), had a contract with the upstart label and released its first single ever, "I Need A Beat," in 1984. 

 "Dreams don't have deadlines. 
I'm thinking of doing bigger and better things and having more fun with it."


LL-Cool-J-Quotes
LL Cool J

"I am a real person that cares about his art and cares about what he's doing - 
I have a heart and a soul and want to touch people and give."
 
 
 "I am artistic so I reserve the right to change my mind at any point.
 I just like to do different things. 
What is more important than the name is that people know that I really like acting,
 I enjoy it and I want people to know that I am serious."
 
 
 "I am what I am, I'm doing very well in my life, and I'm thankful to God for that."
 
 
" I don't think you should go around talking trash about people because I think that's how you get your hat handed to you."
 
 
" I just look at the high and bright side of things."
 
 
" I only do what comes from the heart."
 
 
 "Once the referee throws the ball in the air,
 it's either your ball or their ball and you have to just take your shot."
 
 
 "Our world is at the crossroads. We have a choice, right and wrong."
 
 
 "People will feel the way they feel."
 
 
 "Sometimes altering your position is the right thing. Sometimes it's not."
 
 
 "Stand up and face your fears, or they will defeat you."
 
 
 "Stay focused, go after your dreams and keep moving toward your goals."
 
 
 "That's one of the good things about music. 
You get to do it live, where you can touch the people and interact with them."
 
 
"The nature of the game is pain."
 
 
 "The secret to it all is just to enjoy what you're doing. 
This is not working at the coal face, this is not sweeping behind a restaurant.
 It's work, but it's not work. It gives me a different type of energy. 
I'm grateful for that."
 
 
 "When adversity strikes, that's when you have to be the most calm.
 Take a step back, stay strong, stay grounded and press on."
 
 
"You don't need to be the good guy to get a good message out."
 
 
"You have to always continue to strive no matter how hard things get, 
no matter how troubled you feel. No matter how tough things get,
 no matter how many times you lose, you keep trying to win." 

 


 













Categories: , ,

Leave a Reply